John Levy, Ph.D.
My areas of expertise are software and computer engineering.
I have two particular areas of specialty: The first is computer hardware design, particularly related to input/output, storage and hard disk drives. The second is software, particularly operating systems, PC BIOS, and methods for performing software development.
I have a Ph.D. in Computer Science from Stanford and engineering degrees from Cornell and CalTech.
I have been engaged as an expert in more than 50 cases. In the past four years, I’ve testified at trial twice and been deposed 6 times.
In prior years I have also consulted for the Court as a neutral expert in three cases.
Expertise areas – computers & software
- Computer systems design
- Bus design – local area network, system bus, I/O Channel
- Bus standards – 1394 FireWire I-Link – ATA – SCSI – Futurebus – Unibus
- Input/Output interfaces ATA – ATAPI – IDE
- Hard disk design & performance I/O Channel
- Software development – firmware – embedded systems
- Operating systems – file systems – caching – real-time systems
- Management of product development
- Simulation – performance measurement – benchmark test