Are you struggling to get results from a high-tech development team?
Failure is not an option
Past projects spent too much and delivered too little. This time you are committed to delivering the right results at the right time. But you have a gnawing feeling that things aren’t going well.
Uncertainty is a killer when you’re dealing with critical projects. First you need to know what is actually happening. Then you need clear, concise information on how to move things in the right direction.
To have confidence in the outcome, you need understanding of what is going on. I provide counsel and insight to help you build your knowledge of who, what, how and when of your projects. This is my competence and your path to serenity.
An insurance-industry client
spent over $6 million to develop sales-support software that every sales agent hated because it didn’t make their jobs easier. The company decided for the first time to implement new software using Agile methods. The business sponsor brought me in to help the VPs and project managers
understand the changes needed to make Agile succeed, and
assess the interactions between the business analysts and the IT development team.
The project went on to demonstrate real results every 2 weeks and became a model for Agile development in the company for future projects.
Projects are successful when
- Business objectives are clear. The project is aimed at specific business goals, and those goals are always the priority.
- The project evolves as needed. Requirements can and do change when they must to accomplish the business objectives.
- You have visibility into the project. Establishing metrics that are meaningful to you, progress and potential issues are clear.
- The team works well together. I facilitate your team to work collaboratively and take responsibility for results.
- Agile methods reduce risk. The project gets accomplished in short increments, so costs and the timeline don’t run wild.
Realize the promise of technology
I’ve helped business and technology leaders achieve success over the past 30 years as manager, consultant and strategist. Your problems are unique, I can help you overcome them.
Make technology work for you
Learn more by downloading my “9 Mistakes executives make” article
9 Mistakes That Lead to IT Project Failure
Managing people and organizations is not a high-tech activity. Don’t let IT managers persuade you that there’s a technology solution to every management problem.
Download our free article to discover the nine major mistakes leaders make when developing new IT-based business capabilities.
You'll also be subscribed to our twice-monthly email newsletter. We will never share your email address and you can unsubscribe at any time.